About

This blog was mainly created to fulfill my curiosity on web-blogging and all its features. What I include in my posts are things that picture the way I perceive the world and its attributes. Most of the photos added to enhance my posts are adapted by internet searching. If the legal owner of a photo feels offended or doesn't wish me to use his/her photo, please feel free to contact me and I will remove it immediately. My primary goal is to express the meaning of things as I sense it and not to take advantage of others work and creativity. Thank you for joining...hope you like it.....

20/05/2011

Origami Lanterns

Cocktails at sundown are more memorable when you supplement the waning daylight with Asian-inspired lanterns. Those hanging from bamboo poles are origami "balloons" fashioned around battery-operated lights and finished with ribbons.
How-To
Fold a 25-inch square of vellum paper following the illustrations; blow into the bottom to expand the paper, and thread a 4-foot piece of string through the hole and out the bottom of the lantern. Tie a battery-operated candle to string 18 inches from end. Attach a large paper clip to the string about 3 inches above the candle. Pull on the other end of the string until the paper clip catches on the top of the lantern. Tie a ribbon to string at bottom of balloon; trim excess string. Tie other end of string to a pole.






No comments:

Post a Comment