About

This blog was mainly created to fulfill my curiosity on web-blogging and all its features. What I include in my posts are things that picture the way I perceive the world and its attributes. Most of the photos added to enhance my posts are adapted by internet searching. If the legal owner of a photo feels offended or doesn't wish me to use his/her photo, please feel free to contact me and I will remove it immediately. My primary goal is to express the meaning of things as I sense it and not to take advantage of others work and creativity. Thank you for joining...hope you like it.....

25/05/2011

Pinatas

In Mexico, piñatas are believed to have originated among the Aztecs, Mayans, and other native peoples of California, who made clay pots in the shape of their gods. The pots were meant to be broken forcefully with poles and sticks, so the contents spilled to signify abundance or favors from the gods.

From the Aztecs and the Maya to this day, there is a tradition in Mexico where it is important to "destroy" something some time created with love, for something to be born more beautiful and new. An Athenian Mexican and Homo Ludens, invite you on Friday to break the Piñatas that they made the previous weeks, and keep the goodies they contain. Clearance, relief and great joy tonight at Didotou....


At Luden Labs,Didotou 34, Eksarxeia, Friday 27/5

No comments:

Post a Comment